How to make a mini book with just one sheet of card perfect for a gift
How to make a mini book with just one sheet of card! Did you know you could make a mini book with one card sheet? It so easy, super quick to make and looks adorable. all you need is just a few simple tools and you will have perfect mini paper book to embellish.
In this post I will show you how to make an easy mini book using just one sheet of card A4 card or 12 x 12 card.
In this mini book tutorial we will make the book together for you too embellish in your own time. It takes only minutes to make!
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase through these links, I may earn a small commission at no additional cost to yourself. As an amazon associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
What do you need for an easy Mini Book with One Card Sheet?
You will need;
- One sheet of 12 x 12 card or
- One sheet of A4
- Ruler, pencil, scorer or scoring board
- One length of ribbon about 30 inches
- Double sided tape
- Optional extra card stock for tags
It makes a stunning gift that you can fill with scrapbooking papers and photos.
How to make a Mini Book with One sheet?
Start with an A4 card sheet or a 12 x 12 card sheet.
A4 card mini book
For the A4 mini book you need to;
- Cut A4 to 8 inch by 11 inch.
- Score the longer side at 2 3/4 inch intervals across
- Score the shorter side at 2 inch intervals
( See below photo)
12×12 card one sheet mini book
12×12 card score every 3 inches until you have 12 3 inch boxes.
From here both mini books do the same
How to cut the one sheet mini book
- Place the scored card long ways in front of you and cut up 3 squares on the first score line to just before last square.
- Turn and do the same on middle line on opposite side of card.
- Turn again and do the same cut up the 3rd line.
So line one cut up 3 boxes, Line 2 cut down 3 boxes, Line 3 cut up 3 boxes
Start folding your book
Fold back and forth and up and down at each turn just like a concertina. It is simple and comes naturally. Keep folding forward and back and down at the corners. See the video for full instructions.
Stick your mini book together
Steps to construct your one sheet mini book.
- Place your book in front of you so each end is open facing you like a book
- Downward V in middle stick together
- Two vs on top leave open if you wish to add tags or stick
- Stick the 4 back V pieces together
Attach your ribbon
Lay alongside the ribbon and attach to the back of each cover leave a bit of give to fold the book.
All done! you can fill your book with photos and pretty papers.
If you do not have any papers download my spring papers for free
You can also creat a cover! Should you wish!
Just cut board or several sheets of card together. And cover with patterned paper and fix over the front where the ribbon is.
Or just place a piece of card over the front.