Which products are curly girl approved and also vegan friendly? I have compiled a list of hair care products that I know are cg approved and also vegan friendly and cruelty free. Not all products cover both, you can get a curly girl method approved conditioner but it may not be vegan and likewise you can get plenty of vegan conditioners but are they curly girl friendly?
Curly Girl Vegan Products for your naturally curly hair that are also cgm approved.
This list of Curly Girl Vegan Products has products suitable for all budgets. In this vegan hair shopping guide the products listed are also available online as well as in stores. Check out where to buy from in each section of the list below. Use this list of the best cruelty free curly hair products to find out what you can use that will be kind to your hair as well as kind to the environment and animals.
What is a vegan Hair product?
Vegan Hair products are made without animal derived ingredients. These products are deemed to be cruelty free as well.
Is a product vegan if it is natural?
No a product is not always Vegan even if it is natural. For instance Beeswax is a natural product but not it is not vegan. Bees are not treated kindly in the production of the wax so therefore the natural product Beeswax is not Vegan friendly or cruelty free.
How to check if your product is vegan friendly
Knowing how to check if a product is a Vegan Curly Girl Method Product can be very time consuming. You need to know what to look for on the product label. Anything animal derived is not vegan friendly.
- First check the label and look for a label such as ‘suitable for vegans’ or a certified vegan logo.
- Use the Peta website and their beauty without bunnies search tool
- Use an app to scan the label. Peta has a handy list of Vegan apps you can use to do this.
- You can also check your ingredients in this vegan checker
What Vegan Curly Girl Method Brands are available in UK?
There are a few brands that already produce certified vegans products that are curly girl approved. Here are a list of some vegan curly hair brands.
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase through these links, I may earn a small commission at no additional cost to yourself.
Asiam are a cruelty free brand and sell lots of products suitable for curly hair. Some of the Asiam products are vegan and are listed on their website as such.
Here are some of the best As I am products for the curly girl method that are vegan and cruelty free.
- Hydration Elation intensive conditioner.
- Asiam leave in conditioner
- Olive & Tea Tree Oil Treatment Asiam for itchy scalps
- Curling Jelly Asiam
- Twist defining cream
- Asiam Smoothing Gel
- Long and luxe hair oil Asiam
- Cleansing Pudding Asiam
The following Asiam Jamaican Black caster oil range contain these which are considered gentle cleansers in the curly hair community
- cocamidopropyl betaine
- sodium lauroyl lactylate
- sodium lauroyl glutamate
- and sodium cocoyl isethionate
- JCBO-Jamaican black castor oil Shampoo
- JBCO Moisturizing Masque
- JCBO Co wash.
- amaican black castor oil Leave-In Conditioner
ASIAM Curl clarity shampoo contains sodium lauroyl sarcosinate ( may be fine in small amounts for clarifying)
Aveda also stock a range of products including some that are curly girl friendly as well as Vegan. They also specialise in all things hair with products using the art and science of pure flower and essences.
- Be Curly Co wash
- Conditioner Be Curly
- Be Curly Style-prep
- Cherry Almond Softening Conditioner
- Cherry Almond softening leave-in conditioner
- Rosemary Mint Weightless conditioner
- Shampure Nurturing conditioner
Giovanni offer a huge range of curly girl approved conditioners and are also Vegan. You will find a few favourites loved by the curly girl community. You can often find Giovanni products in TK maxi including large 1 litre pump bottles.
Giovanni styling products that are vegan
Giovanni Products conditioners that are cg and vegan
- 2chic Repairing Conditioner by Giovanni
- 2chic Frizz Be Gone Conditioner
- Direct Leave in Weightless Moisture Conditioner
- Tea Tree Triple Treat Invigorating Conditioner
- 2chic Ultra-Moist Conditioner
- Smooth as Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner
- 50/50 Balanced Hydrating-Calming Conditioner
- 2chic Ultra-Moist Dual Action Protective Leave-In Spray
- Giovanni 2chic Frizz Be Gone Hot Oil
- Giovanni 2chic Repairing Hot Oil Hair Treatment
Cruelty free curly girl method Deep treatments by Giovanni
- 2chic Repairing Intensive Hair Mask
- 2chic Frizz Be Gone Hair Mask
- Giovanni Nutrafix Hair Reconstructor
Giovanni shampoos that are also cg approved and vegan and cruelty free and ideal for clarifying.
Flora and Curl
Flora and Curl are vegan friendly and have also got Curly girl approved products in the range. Try their Curl Refresh Clay Wash for deep clarifying, Flower Garden Hair Styling Butter, and the Sweet Hibiscus curl defining gel. The African Citrus Superfruit Hair Oil is also ideal for pre-pooing and a scalp refreshing as well scrunching out the crunch.
Umberto Giannini are widely available in many supermarkets as well as drugstores. They are cruelty free and vegan approved. They produce a wide range of curly hair products of which the Umberto Giannini Curl Jelly is a number on bestseller. You can purchase these products from their website direct. You can also find them in Boots, Superdrug and other online stores such as Amazon.
- Flowerology Bergamot + Lemon Oil Vegan Super Serum
- Boho Beach Jelly Coconut Oil Vegan Scrunching Jelly
- Coily Curls Moisture Moisture Recovery Vegan Conditioner
- Curl Whip Curl Activating Vegan Mousse( contains water soluble silicone)
- Flowerology Orange + Rosemary Vegan Foaming Volume Mousse
- Mermaid Hair Volume Mousse by Umberto Giannini
- Curl Jelly Vegan Scrunching Jelly
Superdrugs Own conditioners
Superdrug do a value budget range of conditioners that are vegan and suitable for natural curls. The Fruity conditioner is available in coconut as well as cherry and almond flavour.
Fruity Coconut Conditioner 535ml £2.49 now on offer for £1.23
Fruity Cherry & Almond Conditioner 535ml £2.49 now on offer for £1.23
So Good its Noughty
So Good Its Noughty do a range of curly girl products that are curly girl approved. Not all Noughty products are cgm approved check this Noughty vegan hair care Post for the ones that are. You can purchase Noughty from the website and also various supermarkets and drugstores and Amazon. These are a few of my favourites;
- Wave Hello Conditioner
- Noughty Wave Hello Taming Cream
- To The Rescue Intense Moisture Treatment Deep Conditioner.
Organic shop have a range of conditioners for the curly girl method that are also Vegan, they are 100% cruelty free and curly girl friendly. Whats more they retail at around £2.50! These are the Organic shop vegan conditioners in;
- Argan and Amla nourishing Organic shop conditioner
- Olive and orange repair
- Borago and Sandal
- Raspberry & acai conditioner
- Organic shop Coconut and shea moisturising
- Pomegranate and patchouli conditioner
- Jojoba and orchid for colour
Organic Shop also do intensive masks for the curly girl method which are suitable.
Only Curls Curl Vegan products
Only Curls Curl products are curly girl approved and vegan friendly. All four of their products are perfect for the curly girl method you can also see a full review of the Only curls products here.
Green People Vegan curly hair products
The Green people do a range of curly girl products as they are a vegan company. Green people state that of the conditioners are free from sulphates and silicones and are suitable for people following The Curly Girl Method. Here are a few favourites.
- Quinoa and avocado Serum by the Green people
- The Green people Intensive repair conditioner.
- The Green People Clarifying Vitamin Conditioner
Faith In Nature Vegan curly girl method products
All Faith In Nature are vegan and cruelty free.. The Faith in Nature brand also have 5 litre bottles and can be refilled making them eco friendly too and zero waste. There is an extensive list of products which are approved. All Faith in Nature conditioners are curly girl approved except Pomegranite. Faith in Nature even do a Fragrance free curly girl approved conditioner. You can purchase Faith in nature direct as well as from Holland and Barrat, TK maxi and amazon. This is a list of Faith in nature conditioners which are safe for curly girl method.
- Faith in nature Aloe Vera Conditioner.
- Faith in nature Cacao Conditioner
- Coconut Conditioner.
- Coconut & Frangipani Moisture Boost Conditioner
- Dragon Fruit Conditioner.
- Fragrance Free Conditioner
- Grapefruit & Orange Conditioner
- Hemp & Meadowfoam Conditioner
- Jojoba Conditioner
- Kiwi & Lime Smooth Shine Conditioner
- Lavender & Geranium Conditioner.
- Lavender & Jasmine Body & Bounce Conditioner
- Lemon & Tea Tree Conditioner
- Rose & Neroli Nourish & Repair Conditioner
- Rosemary Conditioner
- Seaweed & Citrus Conditioner
- Tea Tree Conditioner.
- Turmeric & Lemon Conditioner
- Faith in Nature Watermelon Conditioner.
- Wild Rose Conditioner Faith in nature
Trepadora are a curly girl brand that is registered by the British Vegan Society. Their curly girl method products are SLS-Free, Paraben-Free, Silicone-Free and are made in th UK. They also tailor make their products for different curl types such as wavy, curly and super curly or coily. Trepadora chain that all of their products are curly girl friendly. All of Trepadora’s products are curly Girl friendly as well as vegan few top products to try are;
- Gojiberry Mint Reviving Hair Rinse
- Coconut Almond Smoothing Conditioner
- Miracle Maca Moisture Balm ( one of my favourites for an all round treatment )
- Hibiscus Pink Cleansing Clay-wash
Fragrance free conditioners that are vegan for the curly girl method.
Fragrance free, Vegan and curly girl friendly products are quite hard to come by. These following products are found online or direct from the website.
Where can you buy Vegan Products ?
You can try Look fantastic as well for many of these curly girl vegan products.
You can find many of the products in Uk supermarkets as well as online. Try places such as TK Maxx and as well which has a large beauty section and often carries lots of these products.
Thank you for reading my Curly girl vegan Products post I hope you find something suitable for your hair. Please check out my Curly Girl Ultimate guide page for more information.