How to make a variety of carrot soup recipes quick and easy
There is nothing I like more in the cold winter months than to make and easy soup. Easy Carrot soup base is really quick and can be achieved in a variety of ways. You can add all sorts of spices or vegetables to achieve a slightly different flavour each time. In these quick and easy Carrot Soup ideas you can change the flavour in a flash using whatever is left over in your kitchen cupboard.
Carrots health Benefits
Carrots are rich in vitamins and contains many health benefits. They can help you lose weight lower your cholesterol and are good for your eyes. Pick organic carrots for a lower risk of pesticides or visit your local farm for some home grown produce.
Things to add to a carrot soup recipe
You can add all sorts of store cupboards ingredients you can add. Try adding one or two of these to change the flaver.
- Chives and carrot soup chop a few chives to garnish
- Coriander, use fresh or ground coriander to add some warmth to your soup.
- Nutmeg add around 1/4 to 1/2 a teaspoon
- Carrot and Ginger soup add an inch of ginger
- Coconut milk add one cup
- spice up your carrots with chilli add one teaspoon
- Garlic one clove
- Give your soup an oriental flavour with Thai spices and lemongrass
- Curry spices such as garam Marsala one to two teaspoons to taste
What leftover veg can I add?
You can add what ever you have left over in the cupboard or fridge for carrot soup. Try adding celery, sweet potatoes or butternut squash.
Tips to make your soup quickly
Chops your veg a bit smaller so it cooks quicker. Omit frying the onions and just add the onions loosely chopped in to your soup.
How to make creamy carrot soup
You do not need cream to add to your soup to make it creamy however it is nice! here are some alternatives.
- Try a spoon full of Kwark cheese or soft cheese such as philly.
- Try some coconut milk
- Potatoes also make the soup more creamy.
- Try adding a tin of beans such as cannelloni beast for added creaminess.
- Of course cream
Vegan carrot soup
To make your soup Vegan you can omit the cream altogether or swap it for coconut milk.
How to make slimming carrot soup?
To make your soup as healthy and slimming as possible you can cut out a number of things.
- You can choose to fry your onions with a spray of fry light or omit this altogether. I loosely chop up my onions and just boil them in the pan with the carrots.
- Do not use cream add a potato for creaminess or a spoon of kwark cheese.
Other quick easy vegetable soups to try?
Try changing the carrots to butternut squash or another root vegetable such a turnip celeriac or parsnip.
Easy Carrot Soup Recipe
- 700 grams carrots or 7 large carrots
- 1 large onion
- 1 medium potato
- 2 stock cubes
- Chop onions add to the pan
- Chop carrots add to the pan
- Chop potatos add to pan
- Cover ingredients with water
- Add two stock cubes
- Add any other ingredients you wish
- Bring to boil and stir and simmer till softened
- Blitz until smooth