Here is the best summer products for nails tanning and covering up on the beach and my Summer Hair Care Survival Guide
Plus the chance to win £100 cash to help boost your summer!
There are essentials we should all take on holiday to make life a bit easier. With so many Summer holiday products on the market it can be hard to choose. So here is the best summer hair products, nail products and my Summer Hair Care Survival Guide
When I pack for my holiday vacation there are essentials I always like to take. Hair often gets neglected whilst on holiday and you come back with a very brittle golden mess. Having Worked as a hairdresser for a long time this really isn’t a problem for me but I often get asked what to do. Gone are the days that I would squeeze lemon juice on my hair for an instant lightener! now it’s all about the hair condition.
So here are my top holiday essentials for this summer including my summer hair survival guide.
How can I protect my hair from the sun? Here are the answers on how to protect your hair and help your hair survive the summer sun with the Summer Hair Care Survival Guide
- Get a hair cut, recently cut hair with no split ends ensures less chance for your hair to become water damaged. Split ends can basically fray the whole way up the hair shaft. So by having a trim before your next vacation really helps.
- Wet your hair before swimming. When you hair is already wet with clean water, less chlorine or salt can be absorbed into the hair. After swimming rinse your hair in clean water and use a gentle conditioner. I love Revlons Uniq One Coconut hair treatment. This is my go to conditioning hair product and its smells of coconut and the beach. With 10 benefits such as frizz control, heat protection and uva and uvb filters to your hair is a real hair saver. Helping to repair dry and damaged hair in an instant.
- Protect from the uv rays! Find the best sun care protector spray. There are many uv protectors on the market at the moment and they work great. My L’Oréal solar sublime is my go to UV protector conditioning spray. An invisible hair protector leaves a protective veil on dry or damp hair. It smells divine leaving hair soft and manageable. Also try to wear a hat when you can, a barrier is the best to stop harmful sun rays.
- Have the best summer holiday hair! Embrace your curls or texturise your hair instead. Try and stay clear of heating tools while on holiday as you are washing your hair a lot more anyway. Opt for products that define your curls and keep away the frizz instead. Use an anti frizz product and leave your hair to dry naturally in the sun. Or try a a texturising spray to give your hair a beach look without it being flyaway.
- Treat your hair with a hair masque. Use a deep conditioning mask every few days to absorb all of the goodness in to your hair and give it a well needed break.
- Use a clarifying shampoo, with all of the product you have been using a clarifying shampoo will be needed every few days to gently cleanse the hair without stripping. Clarifying shampoo removes access product, oil grease and minerals from your hair. This will allow for your hair to absorb all of the goodness once again and not feel heavy and overloaded.
- Find the perfect holiday hair brush! Wet hair with chlorine and salt exposure can get damaged by brushing and rubbing with a towel. Invest in a Wet Brush, I can not tell you how good this product is! Forget combs or even tangle teasers. The Wet Brush simply glides through your hair while wet at ease. No snapping of hair, and easily detangles your hair whilst putting no pressure on the cuticle. Plus the glorious gold water droplet Wet Brush is simply beautiful!
Legs and feet! Help my legs are white and my toes need a pedicure!
Get your glow on with the best fake tan to bronze up before your holiday. Skinny Tans Tan and tone oil glides on like dream using the mitt with no streaks. Leaving a natural moisturised glow Skinny tan also makes your legs look slim too.
Do it yourself Gel Nails?
Nail varnish for your holiday needs to last the whole time you are away. Gel polish is great but not everyone wants to go to a salon.
OPI have created a Gel polish that you can do at home without the use of UV light and no soak off. OPI Infinite Shine Nail Polish is a high-definition gel shine that lasts up to 10 days! It can be removed like a regular nail polish by yourself before your holiday or even whilst you are away. With three easy steps 1 prime, 2 infinite shine nail polish and 3 gloss. No chips and hassle free polish and shine. Try Is she a bad Muffuletta for tropical pinky coral shade on your toes.
This will be the cheapest and most instant gel nail kit you can use at home, Creating a gel polished nail effect by yourself.
Treat yourself to a monthly make up box
Another tip I have is a monthly makeup box subscription. Each month for around £13 you can have a box delivered to your door with the latest beauty products. The products in the Look fantastic box subscription are tailored to the season all year round. This can also be the perfect way to discover your next go to favourite products.
Essentials for creating a capsule summer wardrobe
This year I stocked up on some fab last minute goodies for my summer holiday. These are my go to summer essentials for creating a capsule summer wardrobe and easy to pack too.
A black bandeau bikini is a must. Black flatters everyone and a bandeau shows no strap marks. This Next scallop Black bandeau bikini was straight in my basket when I saw it!
I also love to look classic or casual around the beach or pool. Waist enhancer denim shorts are perfect these high waisted jeans from Next cover a multitude of sins and are perfect with a simple cover up and a bikini.
Topshop stock a large array of kaftans and every year they have a version of a long white cover up beach shirt. This simple white Jaquard Maxi beach shirt is a lovely coverup. Fresh, white and cool the perfect beach shirt essential for your holiday.
Competition time! Win £100 cash to boost you summer essential wardrobe
If you would like to win a much needed cash boost after booking your trip away or day out. This could be just the thing you need. I got together with some of my best blogging buddies and thought about a brand new giveaway that might help! It is £100 cash to giveaway to one lucky blog reader of either Like Love Do, Mini Travellers, Extraordinary Chaos, or Parentshaped.
This is a great opportunity to follow some great blogs on social media too.
So all you need to do is enter via the Rafflecopter below. The more times you enter the more chances you have to win the £100 cash! Competition close on the 3rd of June and a winner will be chosen at random for full terms and conditions please see here
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Good luck to all! Remember to protect your hair with my Summer Hair Care Survival Guide and happy summer shopping! D x