Lets get Ready for Summer with my Top summer buys.
Getting ready for summer always seems like such a big job. Even Now it is officially summer I am never quite ready. We had a blast of sunshine a while back and all of a sudden I was in need of a quick overhaul. My toenails needed painting, I was as white as a sheet and my sandals looked like they had walked the Sahara desert. So I stepped in to summer mode and bought a few new bits for this hopefully long hot summer (who am I trying to kid?) I still have a few faves that I’m sure I will use most years. So here are my Summer Sun essentials how to prepare for the sun
Top tips for Summer
- Have a pedicure, paint your toenails a cute shade of sunshine! try Opi in She’s a Bad Muffuletta, No Tan Lines or Got myself in to a jam-baylaya.
- Fake tan instantly makes you feel good and brings out muscle definition it is also much safer than sunbathing. Prepare your skin with a nice body polish and use some amazing fake tan to bronze up! I use Skinny tan which is completely streak free.
- Buy some good quality suncream especially for your face, Try Bioderma‘s Photoderm Max Aqua fluid Spf50. Protect your skin and prevent premature skin ageing.
- Invest in some comfy sandals, padded soles that are pretty and classic I loves these from Micheal Kors. Whilst they are soft they are tan with gold my favourite combo, so go with anything. See their website for more colour combos.
- Start a good exercise regime. Start slowly with a brisk walk in the morning and some sit ups or invest in a local gym membership.
- Update your wardrobe with some instant colour! Purchase maybe a bright coloured bag such as this cute holiday beaded clutch form Next
- A bright new lipstick! I love Mac pink plaid at the moment for a bright pink matt effect and Charlotte Tilbury pillow talk for a beautiful nude.
- Invest in a good waterproof pool proof mascara, I use Clinique High impact which is amazing it only washes off with warm water so if you run out of make up remover or need less in your hand luggage it’s great. It does not flake either.
- Find a new summer fragrance, I adore the smell of Rose and my favourite is Jo Malone red Roses
- Look after your hair, it gets very dry in the sun use a good shampoo and conditioner and wear a hat. For instant gloss try L’Oréal miracle oil, and for that perfect sun sea hair give the hairdryer a break and try a Matte sea salt spray such as Osmo.
Thank you for reading my Summer Sun essentials how to prepare for the sun. I hope you have a lovely summer.
Pin for later