When the weather is cold and I need some cheering up I aways turn to food! and this Heartwarming Butternut Squash, Carrot and Ginger Soup does the job perfectly.
The butternut squash makes its just that bit sweeter, the ginger gives it the perfect kick and some coconut milk for that smooth creaminess.
I am a bit slapdash when it comes to soup, in fact I am the same when I cook anything! I just don’t like things to take time. Food to me should be fuss free and hearty.
So I have made this recipe super simple and easy to follow.
- 1 Small Butternut squash roughly 600g
- 3 Large carrots
- 1 Onion
- 2 Thumb size pieces of ginger
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- 2 Stock cubes
- Half a tin of coconut milk.
- Peel deseed your butternut squash and cut into small chunks.
- Cut up your Onion and carrots roughly.
- Peel and chop your ginger. ( you need to be quite generous with the ginger)
- Peel and squash your garlic and throw everything in to a large pan.
- I never use butter or oil in my soups I try to keep calories to a minimum.
- Sprinkle stock cubes on vegetables and fill the pan with water until it just covers everything in the pan.
- Not to much water you don't want runny soup.
- Season with salt and pepper and bring to the boil.
- Simmer until all of the vegetables have softened.
- Blitz with a handheld blender until smooth.
- Add the coconut milk and warm through.
- Serve with or without crusty bread.
Pin Heartwarming Butternut Squash, Carrot and Ginger Soup for later