plus here is a copy of what my leaflets say , its aimed at beginners so they no what they are letting them selves in for ! Also its got somemore detailsCost of the mother’s day kit is £4, all instructions will be given. You will need between 8- 17 small photos (7cm square, these can be cropped)
Basic tool kit
Glue (acid free, pritt stick is fine)
Black journaling pen
Ink pad (brown or black)
Double sided tape
Don’t worry if you do not have the above there will be some equipment available to borrow. Small starter packs of adhesive can be purchased.
You can bring any craft items you have and any photos you wish to scrap as there will be a small selection of other kits available and the use of die cutting tools and stamps. If there is anything imparticular you need feel free to contact me, Donna on…
Please bring some lunch or there are local shops around the corner.
You are under no obligation to buy a kit. Kits are on a first come first served basis if you would like to reserve a place and a kit on the day a deposit of £5 can be taken.
Exploding box instuctions!!!!!
For the box you need: 3x 12×12 sheets of cardstock For the lid you need: 1x 12×12 sheet of cardstock (though this can be A4 )
We will start off measuring in inches and revert back to centimeters to make it more accurate so double check!
1. Firstly decide which colour you would like your lid to be and set this aside (you will want this a different colour to your ribbon and not the red as you wont see your hearts)
2. Decide on the colour for the outside bottom of your box and cut this to 10×10 inches,
Cut the next piece 9×9 inches.
And the last piece 8×8 inches.
3. Take your 10 inch piece and score 8.5cm in from each side to create a cross shape.
4. With the 9 inch sheet score 7.5cm in from each side.
5. With the 8 inch piece score 6.6cm in from each side
6. Cut out the corner square out from each sheet and round all of the corners. You should be left with a cross shape.
7. Cut the piece of cardstock set aside for your lid to 16.6 cm square. Score in 4cm from each side. You will have four small scored boxes on the corners; on each corner score these diagonally from the inner corner to the outside corner. Fold all of the score lines and fold the corners inwards and glue with wet glue. Secure this with a paper clip until dry.
8. Taking your smaller square fold all your score lines and cover the centre square with the paper of your choice, affix brad and flower.
9. Fold all of your score lines on the other sheets. Secure the three pieces of cardstock together on the middle square only using double sided sticky tape.
10. You can now decorate your box!
Tip if you cut all of your patterned paper to 3×3 inch squares they will fit nicely on the bigger squares and will only need a bit of trimming on the smaller squares. You will have plenty of cardstock left over to mount your photos and quotes. Punch out your hearts and arrange around your mothers day heart. Put the brad and flower on to the lid before you add the paper and the photo to the inside.
When you’ve finished you can make another one!